Together with his brother they produced small products used in electrical building services management systems.
1947 Hans Bernstein, the father of the current Chairman of the supervisory board, took up residence in the West. He founded in Porta Westfalica a one man business, the “Hans Bernstein Spezialfabrik für Schaltkontakte”.
Today BERNSTEIN AG ranks among the world’s leading providers of switches, sensors, enclosures and suspension systems and is managed by third generation family members Nicole and Achim Bernstein. Together with their mother Gisela Bernstein (Chairwoman) they form the board of the company, with support from experienced consultant Hans-Joachim Bernstein.
Parts of the streets “Faulensiek” and “Tieloser Weg” were renamed to “Hans-Bernstein-Straße” so therefore the new address of BERNSTEIN AG is now “Hans-Bernstein-Straße 1”. The erection of the street sign was made by the city Porta Westfalica.
The family Bernstein thanked the representatives of the city Porta Westfalica for this honour and the confidence in BERNSTEIN AG.